I'm a researcher at
Megagon Labs, Mountain View, California.
- Wataru Hirota, Yoshihiko Suhara, Behzad Golshan, Wang-Chiew Tan. Emu: Enhancing Multilingual Sentence Embeddings with Semantic Specialization. AAAI. 2020. arXiv.
- Mitsuhiro Eto, Wataru Hirota, Shigeto Seno, Hideo Matsuda. Asymmetric Integration of Single-Cell Transcriptomic Data using Latent Dirichlet Allocation and Procrustes Analysis. IEEE BIBM. 2018.
- Wataru Hirota, Yoshihiko Suhara, Behzad Golshan, Wang-Chiew Tan. Semantic Cross-lingual Sentence Embeddings. RepL4NLP (hosted by ACL). 2019.
- Wataru Hirota, Mitsuhiro Eto, Shigeto Seno, Hideo Matsuda. A method for cluster analysis of single-cell gene expression data using the Pachinko Allocation Model. Mathematical Modeling and Problem Solving. 2017. (in Japanese)
- Wataru Hirota, Naoto Ishida, Keigo Naito, Taiga Honda, Masayoshi Iwamoto, Makoto Matsushita, Katuro Inoue. A language-agnostic debugging support tool. IPSJ Software Engineering Symposium. 2016. (In Japanese)
- Megagon Labs, Mountain view, CA. April 2020 - Present.
- Megagon Labs, Mountain view, CA. January 2019 - March 2019.
Research internship (theme: Cross-lingual Sentence Embedding)
- NTT Laboratory, Tokyo, Japan. August 2018 - September 2018.
Research internship (theme: Anomaly Detection using Autoencoder)
- Master of Science from Osaka University, Japan. March 2020.
Thesis: A Lightweight Framework Using In-document Locality for Patent Prior-art Search.
Supervisor: Makoto Onizuka
- Bachelor of Science from Osaka University, Japan. March 2018.
Thesis: Study of topic modelings for single-cell analysis
Supervisor: Hideo Matsuda